The Friday

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.
billytheweed

Re: The Friday

Postby billytheweed » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 pm

Grables wrote:I don't see how there would be room to make saturn bigger, that corner is tight enough as it is. The view may be great from the top of the hill, but it proper slopes down at the side, anyone standing there will have a gooseberry view - ruining their experience all together.

so what you are saying goes for all the bands over the weekend on saturn then , the arena size is roughly the same , remember there was a crowd of around 45000 watching alice cooper and there was plenty of room . if the stage sizes are the same then it wont matter , like i said i sort of rember there was a reason why only saturn was used on friday but cant remember why , wont matter really will be an epic evening anyway.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:35 pm

billytheweed wrote:
Grables wrote:I don't see how there would be room to make saturn bigger, that corner is tight enough as it is. The view may be great from the top of the hill, but it proper slopes down at the side, anyone standing there will have a gooseberry view - ruining their experience all together.

so what you are saying goes for all the bands over the weekend on saturn then , the arena size is roughly the same , remember there was a crowd of around 45000 watching alice cooper and there was plenty of room . if the stage sizes are the same then it wont matter , like i said i sort of rember there was a reason why only saturn was used on friday but cant remember why , wont matter really will be an epic evening anyway.

The reason Apollo wasn't used cus it took so long to set up for Rammstein. I don't see why they wouldn't alternate it (thats one of the best things about sonisphere, along with the great atmosphere). if it starts at 5, and each band has an hour (consecutively), that takes us to 9. If i remember right, headlining bands took to the stage around that time anyway. The only way i can see them doing it is they use both stages. I would hope that bohemia is open during the 1st 3 bands (personally, i'm not bothered about anthrax, especially if it Belladonna). I know a lot of people who only like 2/3 of the Big Four.

A

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 pm

They really need to move the Saturn stage, I hate where it was last year, on that stupid slope.
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

Grables

Postby Grables » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:39 am

billytheweed wrote:

What I mean is, they have no reason not to use Apollo this time. It would be more convenient for everyone.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:14 am

prayforvillains wrote:They really need to move the Saturn stage, I hate where it was last year, on that stupid slope.

Everyone else hasn't noticed the stupid positioning of the Saturn stage :(
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:21 am

I would imagine that Anthrax would start on Saturn at 6, followed by Megadeth at on Apollo at 7, Slayer on at 8 over on Saturn and Metallica finishing at 9 on Apollo - seems the most logical choice from where I'm sitting
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Grables

Postby Grables » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Doesn't the whole point of the big four mean that they are playing on the SAME stage??

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Grables wrote:Doesn't the whole point of the big four mean that they are playing on the SAME stage??

I thought it was the concept of the four bands playing one after the other in one 'breath'...which will only be achieveable if Friday night is a flip-flop stage setup. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough - just glad to see that they're all playing next year
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Zac

Postby Zac » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:31 pm

JAMEZ! wrote:
billytheweed wrote:if the stage sizes are the same then it wont matter , like i said i sort of rember there was a reason why only saturn was used on friday but cant remember why , wont matter really will be an epic evening anyway.

The reason Apollo wasn't used cus it took so long to set up for Rammstein. I don't see why they wouldn't alternate it (thats one of the best things about sonisphere, along with the great atmosphere). if it starts at 5, and each band has an hour (consecutively), that takes us to 9. If i remember right, headlining bands took to the stage around that time anyway. The only way i can see them doing it is they use both stages. I would hope that bohemia is open during the 1st 3 bands (personally, i'm not bothered about anthrax, especially if it Belladonna). I know a lot of people who only like 2/3 of the Big Four.

A

Actually, the reason we didn't use Apollo on the Friday last year was because we didn't want to. Rammstein had nothing to do with it. Just opening Saturn fitted how we wanted the festival to start up. It might be different this year and there will be many conversations before we decide how best to do it,.

Grables

Postby Grables » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Fair do's. Then we have faith that you'll make the right decisions.

markyg

Postby markyg » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Zac wrote:
JAMEZ! wrote:
billytheweed wrote:if the stage sizes are the same then it wont matter , like i said i sort of rember there was a reason why only saturn was used on friday but cant remember why , wont matter really will be an epic evening anyway.

A

Actually, the reason we didn't use Apollo on the Friday last year was because we didn't want to. Rammstein had nothing to do with it. Just opening Saturn fitted how we wanted the festival to start up. It might be different this year and there will be many conversations before we decide how best to do it,.

:lol: Zac you`ve just killed one of the biggest Chinese whispers from last year. Bravo :lol:
99% of what I say is sarcastic. The other 3% is a lie. You decide.
Official Butt Squeezer of "The 83"
CAMP LYM - THE CAMP THAT NEEDS NO THREAD
Will dance for food or beer

Zac

Postby Zac » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:39 pm

markyg wrote: :lol: Zac you`ve just killed one of the biggest Chinese whispers from last year. Bravo :lol:

Yeah I know. It was fun to let it slide for a while and see what you all come up with but I thought it should probably die before 2011 turns up.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Zac wrote:
JAMEZ! wrote:

A

thats that sorted then :o
Zac can you do me a favour please ? can you ask the sound guy who insisted on playing RATM on saturday/sunday morning at an ungodly hour from the apollo stage to pick something a little more civilised ................. like pink floyd echoes or something .... PLEASE :pray:
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Zac

Postby Zac » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:34 pm

billytheweed wrote:thats that sorted then :o
Zac can you do me a favour please ? can you ask the sound guy who insisted on playing RATM on saturday/sunday morning at an ungodly hour from the apollo stage to pick something a little more civilised ................. like pink floyd echoes or something .... PLEASE :pray:

Unfortunately there is no reasoning with sound guys. They play what works for their ears and we just have to live with it. It was Sunday because I remember clearly wincing because of all the swearing in it. There might not be any early sound checks at all in 2011 but just in case I highly recommed ear plugs!

Hysteria

Postby Hysteria » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Zac wrote:
billytheweed wrote:thats that sorted then :o

Unfortunately there is no reasoning with sound guys. They play what works for their ears and we just have to live with it. It was Sunday because I remember clearly wincing because of all the swearing in it. There might not be any early sound checks at all in 2011 but just in case I highly recommed ear plugs!

This

I hate sound guys as much as the next person who works with music, but you can control them...

Simeski

Postby Simeski » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:02 pm

triaxis wrote:I would imagine that Anthrax would start on Saturn at 6, followed by Megadeth at on Apollo at 7, Slayer on at 8 over on Saturn and Metallica finishing at 9 on Apollo - seems the most logical choice from where I'm sitting

That would work for me, I'd probably just stay at Apollo to watch Megadeth and Metallica then chill with a couple of beers while Anthrax and Slayer are playing. I've got nothing against them I've just seen both that many times it wouldn't bother me to just listen to them and not have a great view. Megadeth on the other hand I've never seen live before so I would be keen on getting as close to the front as possible :evil:
Remember: what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, Except herpes, that crap'll come back with you..

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:58 pm

JAMEZ! wrote:I know a lot of people who only like 2/3 of the Big Four.

Epic Maths fail. :lol:

triaxis wrote:I would imagine that Anthrax would start on Saturn at 6, followed by Megadeth at on Apollo at 7, Slayer on at 8 over on Saturn and Metallica finishing at 9 on Apollo - seems the most logical choice from where I'm sitting

I'd prefer them all to be on Apollo. Can't be arsed with running from one stage to the other. Surely with it being the Big Four the charge from Apollo to Saturn and back will be twice as dangerous than it would be if it was Placebo and Motley Crue.

michael

Postby michael » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Grables wrote:Doesn't the whole point of the big four mean that they are playing on the SAME stage??

I think metallicas encore would be the big four jam like "am i evil" last year.
Please use my code:1k910085

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
JAMEZ! wrote:I know a lot of people who only like 2/3 of the Big Four.

Epic Maths fail. :lol:

I'd prefer them all to be on Apollo. Can't be arsed with running from one stage to the other. Surely with it being the Big Four the charge from Apollo to Saturn and back will be twice as dangerous than it would be if it was Placebo and Motley Crue.

i meant as in 2 or 3... i'm not retarded... honest XD

Milky Joe

Postby Milky Joe » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Metallica - 9:30
Slayer - 8:15 - 9:00
Megadeth - 7:05 - 7:50
Anthrax - 6:00 - 6:40

All on Apollo. Something like that, with maybe a band before them getting 40 minutes.

Grables

Postby Grables » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Who said it was going to start as late as 6?

DIO

Postby DIO » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Grables wrote:Who said it was going to start as late as 6?

Started at 5 last year didnt it? And i'm presuming/hoping theres a band on before the Big 4....

Disgruntled Jim

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:28 pm

DIO wrote:
Grables wrote:Who said it was going to start as late as 6?

Started at 5 last year didnt it? And i'm presuming/hoping theres a band on before the Big 4....

I agree.God forbid some people come to the festival for bands that aren't in the Big 4 :roll:

There should obviously be some bands on in the smaller stages at the same time though.So hopefully they get some good books in during Anthrax :D

Grables

Postby Grables » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:50 pm

It started around 4 or 5 last time.

kazz

Postby kazz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 pm

i thought the friday started at 18:00 with delain opening the show.

the fmc party was at the same time.

:?
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

Return to “General Sonisphere Discussion”