Sonisphere UK 2014

Have you booked your tickets yet? Who are you looking forward to seeing? Discuss everything and anything relating to Sonisphere here.

Re: Sonisphere UK 2014

Postby metalicbear » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 pm

I heard something similar too. They were supposedly meant to be the other headliner at Soni France as well, but Limp Bizkit ended up being bumped up.

I can't see Sonisphere not going for them again if they had a deal in place, there's also talks of a new album for next year as well, would also explain AC's rant about them.

Talks of Metallica doing the Sonisphere tour seem to be gathering pace this week across the net.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:34 pm

SOAD headlining Sonisphere wouldn't be any good I don't think if a new album isn't out. Especially when they have been pish and Serj doesn't even seem to want to be part of them as an ongoing band.

Metallica headlining, again, would be pish. I would watch them and likely enjoy them, but it wouldn't make me want to drop everything and buy a ticket.

Also, I still don't think it will even come back.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)
ANXIETY

Postby kipper64 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Where did Serj say he didn't want to be in System? All he said was he wasn't ready to make an album just yet - but is up for it at some point soon - at the beginning of the year. If their set at Reading and Leeds next weekend goes down well and generates them a fair bit of good press, then the demand for them, particularly at a festival more catered to them, would likely increase

They may have got mixed reviews at DL2011, but they are by no means pish live currently.
kipper64

Postby metalicbear » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Apparently they accidently said on stage that they are working on a new album, Serj then quickly shot it down in an interview after, but said he's up for it, but only when the time is right. Which makes me wonder whether it's another one of those situations similar to before they played Download in 2011, where they denied they were back together and then they got announced for festivals not so long after.

Like I said before, they still haven't done any festivals in the countires that Sonisphere would likely take place in, apart from the UK.

The rumours I've heard in regards to Metallica is that they are planning an escape from the studio tour.
Last edited by metalicbear on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:07 pm

ANXIETY wrote:
Metallica headlining, again, would be pish.

Is that the same kind of pish, where they would be boring playing again in 2011, but suddenly amazing for playing Download in 2012.

Will be 3 years since I last saw them, so I'm pretty up for it to be honest.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Has anyone seen the latest Nova Rock trailer? If I didn't know any better I would say Iron Maiden are doing festivals again next Summer. http://www.novarock.at/
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 am

I loved them at Sonisphere 2009 and Download 2012. Thought they were pish at Sonisphere 2011. Even said I would watch them if I ended up going, so I dunno why you suddenly jumped into defensive mode there :? It was no mistake I thought the booking of them at Download 2012 was pish for the fact I had seen them in 2011 and thought they were shite, but thought the booking was smart with the Black Album being thrown in. They ended up being excellent, but if they were like Sonisphere 2011 I would have said the same.

SOAD it seems Serj doesn't want to be there anymore. Didn't the bassist put up a post recently saying everyone wants a new album except Serj and asking if they should go on without him? To me, that kinda says he doesn't wanna move on but the others do.
ANXIETY

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 pm

I agree with you, Metallica were the worst of the 3 headliners in 2011 and were blown away by the rest of the Big 4. That being said, it has been 3 years since I last saw them, so it's been long enough for me to watch them again. I can understand a lot of people going meh as they would have seen them at Download last year.

Metallica sell tickets no matter what, look at the Download poll, only just played and ended up pretty high on that list, they seem to be topping quite a lot of European festival lists as well that I've seen. People can't get enough of them, they have certainly taken over Maiden as the biggest Metal headliner out there.

As to System, I'm not sure, they seem to chop and change their minds all the time. They know a new album will be a big deal and they will know how much money they will make touring it. -

During Serj Tankian’s AMA session on Reddit, he responded to various fan questions about the supposed new System record. “No, that is not true,” Tankian responded to a fan. “A quick scan of press online will show that we have not yet agreed on a timetable for another record due to its time commitments.” However, is the musician interested in creating new System material? “Yes of course,” responds Tankian. “Otherwise I wouldn’t be discussing it at all … I am not opposed to making a System record at all. It just has to be the right time for us all in the band … we have to make a record when we think it’s time, not anyone else.”

All that says to me is we are not working on a new album right now, but we would like to in the future.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby metalgod » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Does anyone think Sonisphere 2014 is a go or finished for good in the U.K.?????????????????????????????????
metalgod

Postby CC Deville » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:19 pm

^^I'm sure Soni would like to return to the UK if they can get the lineup right. A great lineup will sell, especially at Knebworth...but they can't leave it too late to tell their customers.
I'd rather they confirmed the dates and then just announce who they've booked (headliners anyway) instead of all the silly hype and waiting around with everyone guessing who is playing...and then being disappointed.
CC Deville

Postby billytheweed » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 pm

CC Deville wrote:^^I'm sure Soni would like to return to the UK if they can get the lineup right. A great lineup will sell, especially at Knebworth...but they can't leave it too late to tell their customers.
I'd rather they confirmed the dates and then just announce who they've booked (headliners anyway) instead of all the silly hype and waiting around with everyone guessing who is playing...and then being disappointed.

i totally agree , should have a no bullshit approach, here are the dates and here are your headliners more bands to follow :o
ImageImage
Van Halen for soni 2015
A for soni 2015
I love Jagermeister !
FMC code1k910248
billytheweed

Postby welshAC_81 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:57 pm

we can only dream eh. I would be more than happy with a yes, we are going ahead, on these dates.....
Image Image
welshAC_81

Postby metalicbear » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm

ANXIETY wrote:
SOAD it seems Serj doesn't want to be there anymore. Didn't the bassist put up a post recently saying everyone wants a new album except Serj and asking if they should go on without him? To me, that kinda says he doesn't wanna move on but the others do.

Apparently they absolutely smashed it this weekend, lots of reports saying they looked like they were having fun on stage and looked more together as a group.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby PurpleDemon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:27 pm

metalicbear wrote:
ANXIETY wrote:

Apparently they absolutely smashed it this weekend, lots of reports saying they looked like they were having fun on stage and looked more together as a group.

Depends if that extends to wanting to do a new album. There's a huge difference in getting together for a short festival set, and sitting down for an extended time in a recording studio.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]
PurpleDemon

Postby metalicbear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:
Depends if that extends to wanting to do a new album. There's a huge difference in getting together for a short festival set, and sitting down for an extended time in a recording studio.

Very true, either way I've heard quite a few rumours regarding SOAD doing festivals next summer. The latest to be linked are Nova Rock, Graspop and Rock am Ring.

As to my earlier rumour of RATM, I've heard they might be doing US festivals/shows instead now. Nothing concrete though.

Rumours seem to be hotting up in regards to Maiden doing festivals again next summer.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm

SOAD were amazing over the weekend, aye. Looked a lot more connected. May be a big step in the right direction.
ANXIETY

Postby billytheweed » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:33 pm

right i know this isnt a rumours thread but two seperate conversations with two seperate people

one was that SOAD were monumental at leeds this weekend and his mate (who works for a promotion company) said they would be back next summer to do more festival, ties in with sonisphere run in europe and possibly the return of UK

but more excitingly.............. a conversation by a mate who spent the evening with a manager of a several uk rock bands was talking about heavy rock , he said to my mate so will you be watching AC/DC when they are here next summer ? he replied yeah if i can get tickets. to which the other guy said , i will see you right but they are doing some huge shows here next summer ................. now make of that what you want but i know the guy and he is genuine so i expect AC/DC to be here .......... huge suggests stadiums or possibly knebworth ............. 40 years of ac/dc and 40 years of knebworth .....................

not saying they will do soinsphere but with what the knebworth guy said about putting big gigs on next summer all the ducks look like lining up

either that or they will be at download !!!!
ImageImage
Van Halen for soni 2015
A for soni 2015
I love Jagermeister !
FMC code1k910248
billytheweed

Postby metalicbear » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Last year, the organiser of Soni France hinted at Metallica and AC/DC.

It really wouldn't surprise me if AC/DC do the Knebworth at 40 gig. The name mentioned to me was Bruce Springsteen though, so we shall see, but I think AC/DC would be too big for Sonisphere, unless they increase their capacity further.

If the rumours are true, Metallica will be doing an Escape from the studio tour, there's been some heavy hints that they might finally do Wacken in their anniversary year as apparently they had some agreement with Rock am Ring that ran out last year, also rumoured to be doing the Sonisphere tour. There's been hints that it might be a Ride the Lightning or an and Justice For All tour.

I was told System of a Down are doing festivals next year the other week, heavily rumoured for festivals in June and Sonisphere. Could be a new album in the works as well and looks even more obvious after AC's rant about them opting to sub at Leeds and Reading, rather than headline, which suggests to me that they are saving a headlining set.

Seems to be a bit of an Iron Maiden rumour doing the rounds as well, add the heavily links in the Nova Rock video, possible new album and on every new album tour they've played a Stuart Galbraith event, apparently them and Metallica are in talks with Rock N Heim in August, as well as a couple of June festivals suggests it could be a big festival tour.

Really wouldn't surprise me if they go for Biffy again either.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 am

So basically you wouldn't be surprised
Sonisphere Tickets 2014 - My "We Represent" Link
rockgeek

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 pm

I'm just gonna throw it out there that the strongest rumour we had for this year was that Iron Maiden had been locked in for Sonisphere since 2011, and we all know what happened with that.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]
PurpleDemon

Postby kipper64 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:16 pm

For Sonisphere France, you mean, and at that same point - unknown to us they also booked download, way before Soni 2012 went tatty bojangles up.
kipper64

Postby jonny_sniper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm

A few articles online are suggesting it'll go ahead, but as for bands, I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. They certainly need to get artists tied down, announced and the festival planning underway. A no messing approach would be the only way forward after the recent failures. :? :?
YOU ARE THE SICKNESS IN BETWEEN.
Collect some stars to shine for you, let's start today there's only a few...
jonny_sniper

Postby metalicbear » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:08 pm

I think if they've got what we expect, then just go for the no bull-shit approach, but do it asap, if they've got someone huge, then hype the crap out of it for weeks.

At the end of the day, if Download announced first and it was A7X, Sonisphere could announce Metallica and steal the market in one announcement.
FMC Code - 1k949287
metalicbear

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Idiots idiots idiots idiots idiots idiots.

The articles suggesting it'll come back for 2014 were WRITTEN ON THE SAME DAY THAT THE 2013 FESTIVAL WAS CONFIRMED AS ABANDONED. THIS WAS AGES AND AGES AND AGES AGO.

THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING WRITTEN ABOUT THE FESTIVAL GOING AHEAD NEXT YEAR. ALL WE KNOW IS THEY'RE GIVING IT ANOTHER GO JUST AS THEY DID IN 2012 AND 2013.
:animals-cow:
King_Walnut

Postby billytheweed » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:31 pm

King_Walnut wrote:Idiots idiots idiots idiots idiots idiots.

The articles suggesting it'll come back for 2014 were WRITTEN ON THE SAME DAY THAT THE 2013 FESTIVAL WAS CONFIRMED AS ABANDONED. THIS WAS AGES AND AGES AND AGES AGO.

THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING WRITTEN ABOUT THE FESTIVAL GOING AHEAD NEXT YEAR. ALL WE KNOW IS THEY'RE GIVING IT ANOTHER GO JUST AS THEY DID IN 2012 AND 2013.

this is from June 12th 2013 - last paragraph but its a good read !!!!!

http://www.hertfordshirelife.co.uk/home ... _1_2232871
or
http://www.whtimes.co.uk/what-s-on/kneb ... _1_2252835
for the short vesrion

i know its nothing concrete but i doubt Mr Knebworth would have said kili were hoping to bring it back if they weren't :clap:
ImageImage
Van Halen for soni 2015
A for soni 2015
I love Jagermeister !
FMC code1k910248
billytheweed

PreviousNext

Return to General Sonisphere Discussion

Sonisphere Festival

Knebworth Park, 4th-6th July with The Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica